Vacancy: Casual Bar Staff
Occasional shifts – days / hours to be confirmed. Location - Fred Taylor Park.
Our bar at Fred Taylor Park (Whenuapai - Massey) currently provides service to members on weekends and for selected club nights, events and occasional private hire. The bar is well supported by members and guests but there is room to improve how things are done and generate more trade.
We have a qualified bar manager in place but would like to identify staff that may be available for shifts when multiple staff are needed.
As a sports club, our main requirement is for weekend staff so it is essential you are available for work Saturdays and Sundays. There is occasional weekday evening work.
Holding a current bar license / LCQ would be advantageous but is not essential – the club will consider funding licensing processes for the right candidate with long term commitment and who may want to learn and step up to bar management in time.
- Prior bar / hospitality experience helpful
- Customer service experience a must
- Must be available weekends
- Cash handling & EFTPOS
- Stock management (operation of digital POS systems to track sales)
- Good sense of humour and able to think on feet and respond / problem solve
Our primary days and times of bar operation are;
- Saturdays from 12pm-~6pm, Wednesday evenings 7pm-10pm, occasional Sundays
- Shifts will be casual - on notification
- Serving customers and receiving payments
- Stock management
- Cleaning, glasses, recycling / waste, and general presentation of the bar area